I think this is just the sort of dish a mermaid would like to eat, the peppers look like rubies for extra glamour! This meal is great for the summer as it does not require hours over a hot stove and it is very fresh and light.
Preparation and cooking time: 20 minutes
300g pasta shells
4 cod fillets (loins, approx. 0.4Kg). You could use defrosted, frozen cod for this.
½ red pepper
1tbsp olive oil
100g spinach, washed and drained
1 tbsp green pesto
200ml crème fraiche
- Put the pasta shells on to boil, once cooked, drain and set aside.
- Cut the cod into chunks. Deseed the pepper and cut into approx. 5mm squares.
- Fry the cod and pepper in a pan with a little oil.
- Chop the spinach (I think the easiest way to do this is using scissors when its still in the bag).
- Once the fish is just cooked through, add the spinach, pesto and crème fraiche and heat through.
- Combine the drained pasta with the sauce and serve.