Summer is here and its picnic season, so whether we are outside in the sunshine or enjoying an indoor picnic on a blanket, on the floor of the dining room; here are some tasty ideas which we like the best (in no particular order):
1. Avocado, chicken and mayo wraps
2. Vegetable dipping sticks and pittas with pea hummusy dip (see recipe below)
3. Potato tortilla
5. Cold pizza
6. Cous cous with dried cherries and feta (sprinkle over some olive oil at the end)
8. Chopped papaya with toasted sesame and poppy seeds
9. Jam jar jelly
10. Fruit salad kebabs
Pea hummusy dip:
1tbsp cream cheese
1tbsp olive oil
- Cook the peas in a pan of boiling water.
- Drain the peas then leave to cool (you can speed this up by running the peas under cold water).
- Add the cream cheese and olive oil to the peas, season, then blend until you have a smooth dip.
TIP: You can add a bit more flavour with a garnish of chopped fresh mint.